Friday, February 19, 2010

"Just Breath" vs "Heavy Cross"



Hi everyone! You may be wondering why we posted these two songs on our blog together, when they have nothing to do in terms of rhythm or musical style. Well, if you pay attention to the lyrics you’ll find the similarities that made us post these songs simultaneously.

LU:
In my opinion, these songs have a common message: everyone make mistakes but we can always redeem ourselves with our friend’s help.
The first song tell us more specifically that it’s a natural human act to make mistakes, that may difficult our lives a little but that, at the same time, makes friends so important: because our friends are the ones who stay on our side when we fall and, more important, that help us to come clean: that’s why it’s so important and amazing to have them, and why we should conserve and support them too; so, when he says “did I say that I need you? Did I say that I want you? Oh, if I didn’t I’m a fool, you see… No one knows this more than me”, I think he’s kind like thank to their friends and remember them how much they are important to him and apologize haven’t told it earlier, which I understand because sometimes it’s very easy to forget how some people are so important in our lives.
The second song show us two different ways to live our lives: “play it safe” - don’t cross the line, follow a leader and the rules and not stand - that almost “protect” us from make mistakes or “play it cool” - try new things, break the rules and create new ones, be the leader and try to make difference in the world – that it’s much much more likely to error. We can choose one of them (we have to) but we must know that every mistake can be fixed, and as the world it’s too cruel to face alone, it’s very important to have people that can support us.
I may disagree a little bit with the message from the lyrics, because I think that every mistake will be paid and there is no such thing as “redemption”; it is only like a punishment itself so if we made a mistake we will (and we should) get punishment later, because that’s how it is. It’s important to have true friends because they are the only ones who support and hug us in the worst moments, when we are being punished and, above all, that forgive the unforgivable and smile and hold on when everyone turn their back to us.


Ci and Meh
Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
This song is about LOVE! Love is everything you need to live, love is what makes you happy. Love is something we can't explain but we can express. Some people have difficulties to do that but what really matter is that the feeling is real! If love is strong enough it can overcome all! We just have to give a chance to the person you love because you ill never be happy without he/ she. And remember: make mistakes is human!

"Did I say that I need you?
Oh, did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn't I'm a fool you see
No one knows this more than me
And I come clean, ah...

Nothing you would take
Everything you gave
Hold me til I die
Meet you on the other side..."

Just beautiful! :)


Gossip - Heavy Cross

We can see a message refering that our world is a "cruel world" and it doesn't make sense without fun "it's feels alright but never complete, without joy..." It also tell us that our living in this world is becoming difficult and we don't have to face it by ourselves! We aren't alone. We can do everything we want to do. We are free people and those who loves us will always be in our side no matter what happens.

We can make our happiness. Don't let the other decide for you!

Life is yours and you choose how you want to live it.

No comments: